Hello, my name is Gaurav Mehrotra, and I help students, professionals, and people looking for a career change, to learn the ropes of digital marketing. You can finish listening to this episode before you drink your coffee.
- Enhance your resume
- Land a job in digital marketing
- Build career opportunities
- You can become a full-time or part-time freelancer, increasing your earning potential
Well, I’ve been a digital marketer for 9+ years now with career spanning over 2 decades and my portfolio includes 350+ websites attracting thousands of visitors every month.
Now, comes the big question,
In the simplest of terms, digital marketing is any type of marketing done online.
Marketing has always been about connecting with your audience in the right place and at the right time. Traditionally, businesses used various advertising mediums – print, billboards, radio ads, television to attract customers. Today, brands have another opportunity to reach out to customers.
Businesses need to reach out to consumers where they are spending their time – that means on the internet. Enter digital marketing. With digital advertising, you can target customers precisely than ever before. Digital marketing includes:
- Advertising to people who visit your website
- Advertising to specific demographics online
- Advertising to people searching for your products/services on the internet
- Or even targeting the customers of your competitors.
The best part – you can see exactly how your marketing efforts and money is spent. Reports give you a detailed picture of how you should create digital marketing campaigns, where to spend your marketing dollars, and how best to reach your target audience. Start digital marketing today, and watch your sales soar! And stay tuned for upcoming podcasts in this series.